I have been at it again…creating another pillow! The beginning of the school year is on my mind since my oldest grandson is starting middle school…sniff! And, as a retired teacher, I always feel a strange little tug to buy new pencils and start putting up posters around the beginning of August. Sooo…I decided to make one that I have had on the back burner for a long time that sports a vintage French typewriter graphic.

Isabella Just in case you are wondering about the whereabouts of my scheduled co-hostess Miss Isabella…she is busy going nose to nose with the neighbor’s cat through the back door...so I will be going it alone once again.

vintage French typewriter transfer And here’s the graphic! I found it here at Marie Claire Idées and loved it! It features a typewriter with a typical French keyboard…not a QWERTY like ours. First, I tweaked it a little…making it black instead of turquoise. (If you prefer the turquoise, just click on Téléchargez le motif de machine à écrire at the bottom of Marie Claire's page.) Next, I flipped it and printed it on iron-on transfer paper…found at craft and office supply stores. I like Avery brand and usually use the one for light fabrics. My typewriter is a little fatter than the one above because I used the stretch setting on Photoscape when I printed it.

linen and burlap pillow I followed the directions on the package and applied it to a scrap of linen fabric. A word of advice…iron, iron iron and when you think it’s enough, iron some more. Next, I cut around it, leaving the frayed edges, and stitched it to the front of my pillow cover. I used a charcoal grey linen remnant that I found for about $2.50 for a yard…woo hoo! The script on the graphic says It is a beautiful story… Love it!

envelope pillow closure I used a scrap of burlap from my stash for the back of the pillow cover. I have discovered that it is super easy to make envelope style closures (tutorial here) and they allow me to reuse my down pillow forms…all Goodwill find for under $3.00. And best of all…I don’t have a huge stack of pillows to store! I just put the covers in a drawer!

pillow 4 And here it is! I am going to enjoy this one! It just feels like fall and cooler weather are approaching! And I am ready for some cooler weather! How about you?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my vintage French typewriter pillow! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Sizzle into Summer

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top