FallMy friend Linda at Nina’s Nest and I are heading out to do a little antiquing. Want to come along? We are also hoping to get a little bit of fall inspiration. I am ready for pumpkins and Indian corn…well, almost! We are going to our favorite antique mall…the Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta, Georgia. Sooo…rob your virtual piggy bank and join us!

AcornsOooh...and right away there are little signs of fall! Or...I should I say big? Don’t you love these giant acorns? Their caps are made up of actual acorns! Clever, huh?

White pumpkinsAnd look at these white fabric pumpkins with twigs as stems! It’s hard to tell from this picture, but these guys are huge!

Antlers2It looks like antlers will be big again this fall. Good…because I have a growing collection of sheds…dropped by the deer as the new ones grow in. I just can’t do the other kind!

Tags Also still big...chalkboard paint! Gotta love these tags! Do you see what they are made from? Old laminate samples…the perfect size!

StoolOf course, there were Union Jacks…all the rage…like this great burlap-covered stool with its hand-painted version. Love it!

Vintage French And you know I’ve got to have some frenchiness…and this is the real thing! Love these vintage salt and match boxes!

024 And…wow!…do you want these fabulous French headboards as much as I do? Gorgeous!

Sheep paintingSheep just look so French to me…reminding me of Marie-Antoinette’s perfumed sheep in her little hamlet on the grounds of the Palace of Versailles.

Poultry pillow Speaking of which…here’s a frenchy pillow advertising poultry food from Versailles.

Tiny pillow I was excited to see this little pillow! If it looks familiar…

French Grain Sack Pillow …it’s because I made my own version! You can see how I did it here.

Table and chairs I love these frenchy chairs and table! I know it’s the rage to paint them, but I love the warm look of the wood. It just says French farmhouse to me.

Detail on chair Just look at the detail on the chairs…unusual!

035 It reminds me of this urn that I showed you last time…which was still there, by the way. Wouldn’t it be pretty on that table?

Basket of lidsI always try to leave with at least one inspiration and this is it for me this time…a basket lined with burlap and filled with lids…in blue and white, of course! 

Basket of lidsAnd here is my version! The basket came from my mom’s house and was there as long as I can remember. I suspect that it was handmade.

tag I added a frenchy vintage tag to echo the one on the inspiration basket…although theirs is a price tag! lol

bkAnd there you have it…our little virtual shopping spree and my antiquing inspired basket! I hope you had fun and found a little something to buy with your virtual money! Baby Kitty says Excuse me, but I would like some cat food…and not the virtual kind! Looks like I’ve got to go! See you next time!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed our little shopping trip! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Sizzle into Summer

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday   
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top