Vintage Spindles Woo hoo! Someone at all of my favorite thrifting spots knew I was coming and put out stuff that just had my name on it! Really, though, as my friend Linda at Nina’s Nest will tell you, we have discovered that it’s all random. There are days we come home empty-handed…but not today! No siree!

Vintage SpoolsI  guess I am the last one to board the vintage spindles train…but I could not pass these by at my favorite junque store! I got all seven of them for $4.75! I love that they are in a variety of colors and styles. And don’t they have a wonderful patina?

bk Baby Kitty says he does not see what the big deal is. They are, after all, just sticks!

Cow I also snatched up this vintage-looking  cow faster than you can say boy howdy! If I keep finding these little ladies I’ll soon have a miniature herd! And for only $8.00 I was not passing this one up since it is the sister of…

sheep…the sheep I showed you last week! I waited and watched for two years before I bought this one since it was out of my usual price limit. I finally threw caution to the wind and splurged when it went on sale a bit. Sooo…that $8.00 cow was going home with me for sure!

Vintage Cow And just in case you think you are seeing double…you are not! Here’s my new cow with the one that was starring in my vintage cow centerpiece a few weeks ago! I guess she has a mama now! Funny…I bought the smaller version because I couldn’t find the real thing…and then it shows up just a week later!

Mossy CandlestickAnother great find was this fabulous mossy candlestick on sale for $12! Woot woot! I had been wanting one of these but was not willing to spend the $35 they were asking elsewhere!

lamp Ever since I found this great lamp…which most of you voted should stay green on my Facebook poll…I have been hunting for pops of green to add to the living room.

Basket So this mossy candlestick just did the trick in my rustic coffee table tray! I think it’s the perfect addition!

Lilac WreathAnd one final favorite…a pretty lilac wreath found at Goodwill for…get ready!…$2.00!! I went straight home and put it on my back door. Love it! It’s a pretty vestige of the fading summer days. I will leave it here as long as I can hold out before putting up my fall wreath! lol I don’t want to rush the season, but I can’t wait! Are you chomping at the bit like I am? When do you put up your fall decorations?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my thrifting finds! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Sizzle into Summer

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top