Little bits of fall inspiration are starting to pop up around blogland and on Pinterest, so I thought I would share some of my most popular fall projects with you just in case you are trying to get a little head start on your fall decorations. This one is super easy and will not cost you a fortune! I actually made two of them and this is the third year that I have used them...gotta love that!

IMG_3596You don't need much in the way of supplies and everything is inexpensive. The cylindrical candle holder came from Dollar Tree for…you guessed it…$1.00! I found the miniature Indian corn at Kroger for only $2.99 for three ears and I needed nine…about $9.00. The rest of the items were already on hand…free! So the total cost of the project was about $10not bad!

IMG_3600 First, I put a rubber band around the cylinder and started adding the corn. I turned the husks up toward the ears of corn as I added them. I tried using some corn left over from last year, but the husks were just too dry. The corn bought this year was much more pliable. Of course, our co-host Baby Kitty had to inspect my progress!

IMG_3607 Finally, I managed to get all of the corn securely tucked in behind the rubber band. Now I am ready for the next step!

IMG_3608I tied the ears to the cylinder, winding some twine around tightly several times to help hide the rubber band. I used jute twine because I like its chunky texture and feel.

IMG_3609 I also trimmed some of the husks to give it a more even appearance and to get rid of some of the blackened areas. I  wanted to be sure that none of the husks were too close to the candle. You will want to use caution when lighting it, too. Just a note…be sure to pick it up from the bottom when moving it since the corn is not really attached.

IMG_3626And here it is!  I added it to the fall vignette on my entry table. I love it! And the best thing is that I can keep it on display until Thanksgiving! In case you are wondering, the pumpkin basket in the background came from Hobby Lobby on sale for an unbelievable $5.00! Cute, huh? And the candy corn is for my grandson who just has to have it…even in his Easter basket! lol

IMG_3625 Here’s a final look at my creation! It was so easy and so much fun to make! And did you know that Indian corn can be kept for years? Just wrap it in a plastic bag and store it in a cool, dry place. Now I have a fall decoration that I can use again and again! Hmmm…maybe I’ll make another one!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed having a peek at my little fall project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Sizzle into Summer

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays 

DIY Showoff for the October'fest of Fun Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for the Easy Fall Decor Party 
Sand and Sisal for the Countdown to Fall Party
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday   
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
DIY Showoff for the Fall Festival Linky Party
See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top