I’ve made a few changes in my living room today…shopping the house and pulling out more of my favorite blue and white and adding some pops of green because…when I came home yesterday Charles Faudree was waiting for me on my porch!

Or at least his latest book…Home. I am sooo excited! If you have followed my blog for very long, you know that I think he is the man…the font of all knowledge when it comes to Country French! And his latest book does not disappoint! It is filled with fabulous photographs of his amazing rooms…great mixes of fabrics, antique French furniture and marvelous collections of plates and more!  And best of all…lots of color!

coffee tableI was so inspired by a blue and white arrangement that I found in one of the photos that I decided to give my living room a little makeover...starting with a coffee table revamp! I just used three big statement pieces…simple. I have to control myself because I like “little” and tend to use a lot of small things. I am trying to make myself use fewer and bigger pieces.

BK Our co-host Baby Kitty seems unconcerned since he knows I am using Charles Faudree as my example and I don’t need a lot of help from him today.

living room Here it is! I think I like the uncluttered look! I am really liking those green pears!

lamp Here’s where they were before…and I liked them there, too. I may have to be on the hunt for more green! And…what do you think of my new lamp? I got it from my favorite flea/antique market with every intention of painting it a creamy white and then distressing it. I just plopped it down on the table and then realized that I love it green! Doesn’t it have a fabulous and unusual shape? I have a little "paint it white or leave it green" poll going on my Facebook page here if you'd like to voice your opinion. So far it looks like green is winning!

mantel And on the mantel…more blue and white with pops of green! It’s an arrangement I have used before, but with a painting behind it. I think I like it better with the mirror. You can get a peek at more blue and white on my hutch in the reflection.

sheepAnd at the center of it all…my favorite sheep! I walked past him and wanted him for two years before I finally gave in and bought him. Thank goodness he waited for me!

Charles Faudree InspiredAnd there you have it…my Faudree inspired living room! Once again, my main man Charles Faudree has validated my idea of all that is Country French! And…I am happy because I shopped the house so my makeover was virtually free! And best of all...I have a whole new go-to book when I need some decorating ideas! Yaaay!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Faudree inspired living room! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Marty at A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Sizzle into Summer

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top