You know how much I love collecting all things French...especially those that are vintage! There is nothing I would love better than to wander through the Sunday brocante at l’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue where I found my favorite Quimper plates in search of wonderful vintage linens. But a trip to France is not always possible. Sooo…being the copy-cat that I am, I  have learned to recreate them…and do it on a budget. Today I would like to share some of my favorite creations with you!

025_thumb[14] Among my favorites are these very budget-friendly but realistic-looking monogrammed vintage French tea towels…made from bargain IKEA  tea towels for under $1.00 each! And they are super easy! You don’t even have to be able to cross-stitch or sew to make these! I tweaked an image from The Graphics Fairy to accomplish the monogram.

019_thumb[11] Here are some more that are super easy and inexpensive…my vintage French tea towels…also coming in at $1.00 each. They are made from...guess what...flour sack towels from Target....with another tweaked image from Karen at The Graphics Fairy!

Easy Hydrangea Tea Towels I love the wonderful hydrangea prints on these tea towels…so fresh and summery! Once again, these are inexpensive, easy and require no sewing courtesy of Target and The Graphics Fairy!

025_thumb[5]Gotta love these…Wisteria inspired hand towels…made of fabulous nubby linen with a raveled edge for a really rustic vintage look! I like to use them as very generous napkins, too.

DIY Silverware Sleeve I think this is one of my favorite projects ever…my vintage French silverware sleeve! I used inexpensive user-friendly Osnaburg fabric for these for a linen look without the price! There are pockets for holding the silverware…labeled in French, of course…and even a pocket for the napkin!

silverware sleeveAnd I love the way it looks folded on the plate! I tied it up with jute twine for a rustic touch. Doesn’t it look like you are sitting down for supper in an old French farmhouse?

runner_thumb[6] And finally…for another farmhouse touch…a faux grain sack table runner to finish off your table!

044Just layer them on for a really rustic feel! One of these days I will have another chance to head out to the brocante, but in the meantime, I am happy with my own “vintage” creations!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my homemade “vintage” French linens! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Graphics Fairy for Brag Monday
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! À la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top