CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT October in WhiteI am very much a traditionalist when it comes to holidays. Christmas is red and green. Halloween is black and orange. But lately, I have been seeing more and more of an unusual color, or unusual to me, showing up in seasonal decor…for fall and even Halloween...and it is white! I am really starting to warm up to it, too! Sooo… I grabbed some great examples of white in October décor, crafts and recipes from The Scoop this week and I am going to share them with you.

af8f774a17827c013a7491210c484b22 Tarnished Royalty shows us how to create this fabulous pearl mask…gorgeous!

a20f0e9a2d2ae6c83c674054c41d7babSouthern Home Sweet Home shared her hutch filled with a few little seasonal accents scattered among her white china collection. You know I am eyeing her tureen and the fabulous handles on those coffee pots and pitchers!

aa897e7758d7068dcb93e1cc6ee5f014 This rustic glam dresser from Number Fifty-Three sports some very subtle, yet spooky Halloween décor!

c96c08c956efb97587b24f7d1c62e32f This mostly-white mantel from So Much Better with Age has the just-right combination of spooky and vintage.

37a7d1a6a205f6eee65bd00c7176eb1dAnd of course, we can’t talk about October whites without some ghosts! Simply Suzanne’s shows us how she makes Halloween special for her kids…including these Halloween Peeps! Whaaaat? There are Halloween Peeps? I’m off to the store!

3 amighosts 1 Aren’t these cute? A Few Miner Adjustments shares her “Three Amighosts” made from scrap wood!

cdd338e338812820060d042fd78d1390Crafty Journal always wows us with her cute seasonal crafts…and you’ve gotta love this mummified can! My little grands would adore this one!

c4793132900a96c9f88f542c677fff54 And speaking of mummies…Salmagundi broke in her new kitchen by making mummy cookies with the grandkids…mess and all! My kind of grandma!

3388dfbdfbd3ee268749357a1a30d657 And here’s everybody’s favorite cookie turned into a cupcake…and with vanilla frosting to boot!  Confessions of an ADD Housewife shows us how to make her Snickerdoodle Cupcakes!

3d9b96fbbab95790aac084bd6c5251c9Having lived in France, I think of fall as the season for gathering and cooking wild mushrooms, so I love these fabulous little gems…mushroom-shaped gingerbread cookies from Twigg Studios!

e32deccbe3a7c80e81e9640a86b30936 Purple Hues and Me has me scouring thrift stores for old boots so I can create her whimsical planter…a cherished gift from a childhood friend!

0ecc73ea3d0e262931f13d014e740871Creative Passage has a little different twist on the sweater pumpkin. Head over to see how she created those cute stems!

cd52f2a0e3bd6d376a11c0feec05cca1 Calypso in the Country’s fall tablescape stars cute little baby boo pumpkins…

5d40895ea98d3a11ba255c6fb94f957f …as does Junk Chic Cottage’s fall vignette! Love that chippy bench!

7306300a1d4babd49e74fe51a2010889 And of course, if we are sharing white pumpkins, we must have a book page pumpkin! As the Card Rack Turns shows us hers…so clever!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Decoupage Insect PumpkinAnd finally, I have to get in on the act…see, I told you I was warming up to the idea!…with my découpage insect pumpkin! You will find the tutorial for making it plus free graphics for the bugs by clicking here.

And I can't forget my super-easy Country Living inspired ghosts!  It only took about five minutes to make them and I love the little spooky but not-too-scary look they add to my front porch! You can see how I made them here.

Don't forget to head on over to The Scoop to check out more wonderfully creative links! I am also featuring some of your links on my new Pinterest board Shared at The Scoop Linky Party and I have shared them on my blog's Facebook page. Be sure to come back Monday evening at 6:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time to join me for The Scoop!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed seeing all the October whites! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures,  Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special, Tatertots and Jello for the Link Party Palooza
See you next time! À la prochaine!

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top