I hope I am not rushing things for you, but after having my Christmas decorations up until the first of February for my holiday photo shoot, I need a little bit of spring! And I am so excited about this project because...unlike the $89 Pottery Barn version…mine was free!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Baby Kitty2Baby Kitty was the one who first spotted it in their catalog…a pretty glass vase with a mercury glass base…and we knew that had to be our next project!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Spring Vase4Here’s how I did it:
  1. I already had some mercury glass candlesticks that I found at Goodwill year before last…when the mercury glass craze began.  Mine were only 99 cents each…and after three years I am calling that free! I also had a vase that was the perfect shape…leftover from a sweet gift of a bouquet of tulips.
  2. I liked the shape of the candlestick turned upside down, so I remove the felt cap on the bottom.
  3. I simply hot-glued them together with a small bead of glue around the top edge of the candlestick using the low temperature setting…and voilà!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Spring Vase3And finally…just fill it with your favorite things! I used some eggs as a little preview of Easter just as they did in the Pottery Barn catalog, but I can also see it filled with lemons this summer…or acorns and little pumpkins this fall. I am going to have some fun with this copy-cat vase! And…best of all…mine was free! Woo hoo!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my spring vase! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

French Country Cottage for the Six Days of Spring Party
French Country Cottage for It's a Spring Thing Linky Party
See you next time! À la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top