CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Boxwood and French Script Woo hoo! I am so excited about my favorite new finds…fabulous French script document paper and its matching ribbon along with some classic little boxwood wreaths! And…I owe it all to my good friend Linda at Nina’s Nest who spotted them at the Ballard Designs outlet and knew I would want some of each! Merci, Linda! Is that a good friend or what?

Boxwood WreathsI asked her to pick up four of the little wreaths for me since I knew I could definitely use them on the backs of chairs or on kitchen cabinet doors at Christmas time…not to mention the fun things I could do with them all year long as well! And…they were under $4.00 each!

French Script PaperYou know I love this frenchy document paper! And the outlet store was selling it in single rolls for about $5.00 each. Woo hoo! My mind is reeling with ideas!

French Script RibbonAnd just look at the French script document ribbon…gorgeous! It’s a little more expensive…at $15 for a 10 yard roll…but I love it!

Ozzie That makes a total of about $34 for all of that wonderful vintage-y frenchy goodness! Score! I am so lucky to have a friend who knows me so well! And I am also lucky to have a wise CEO like our Miss Ozzie who helped me come up with some fun ways to use my new favorites!

French Script Books She suggested I try making some simple book covers from the document paper and I love her idea! I am also thinking about making sleeves to add a vintage touch to some of my pillar candles.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Boxwood and French Script3 But my favorite idea is this one that combines the document ribbon with the boxwood wreath…all dressed up in a used-to-be-gold frame from Goodwill. First I gave the frame a coat of Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint with a dry brush. Next, I painted the cardboard inner liner with chalkboard paint…

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Boxwood and French Script …and attached the wreath with some of the frenchy ribbon. Then all I had to do was add a Bonjour and I have a new vignette to greet my guests as they enter my home! I love it! And I still have oodles of ribbon and paper plus three more wreath to play with! I am going to have so much fun!

And...if you hop on over to their web site, I think you will find the paper and ribbon on sale there, too...and they didn't pay me to say that! Just  a little hint in case you are interested...

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my new favorites! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! À la prochaine!


Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top