It’s been too hot to do anything heavy duty lately, so my project for today is very easy and inexpensive and involves no sewing…pretty hydrangea tea towels! Hydrangeas just say summer to me!

tea towels 2In fact, I have had this project in mind for quite a while, but it just didn’t seem right any earlier. I guess I was waiting for the official arrival of summer! The wonderful graphics came from Karen at The Graphics Fairy who is always so generous with her lovely vintage images. You can find the blue hydrangea here and the white hydrangea here. And the really great thing about this graphic is that it doesn’t matter whether or not you flip it before you transfer it since there are no words!

Hydrangea Tea Towels 2 It was so easy…just print the graphics on iron-on transfer paper. I printed them at 3 inches x 5 inches using PhotoScape and, following directions, added them to inexpensive flour sack towels. Mine came from Target at $3.99 for four of them! I already had them and everything that I needed in my stash, so this project was free! Woo hoo!

019You may remember that I also used them for this project…with another fabulous graphic from The Graphics Fairy that got a little tweak. You can see the tutorial for this tea towel here. Don’t you love an easy and inexpensive project?

staff And as for summer…it seems to have arrived full force here as everywhere in the country, I guess! You know it’s hot when the staff prefers relaxing with some fresh catnip on the patio to hunting lizards in the garden!  But in the coming week, temperatures will drop into the 80s…a regular cold front! I hope you are all staying cool as well!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my tea towels! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Karen at The Graphics Fairy for Brag Monday
Marty at A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday 
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Sizzle into Summer

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Amanda at Serenity Now for the Weekend Bloggy Reading party 
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top