043I have found a really inexpensive way to decorate for each holiday that is easy and has a vintage look…my Wisteria inspired candles! Here is my latest version…all dressed up in vintage postcards for Saint Patrick’s Day!

image You may remember my original version at Christmas…inspired by Wisteria but with a much smaller price tag!

imageThen for Valentine’s Day, I created my own version re-using the same Dollar Tree candle holders but adding different sleeves.

st-patricks-day-vintage-graphicsfairy003So with Saint Patrick’s Day approaching, I knew I needed to find some oh-so-Irish vintage postcards to serve as sleeves and I did! Love the beautiful Irish maiden featured on this one from The Graphics Fairy!

st-patricks-day-clipart-4
And you have got to love the beautiful Irish countryside featured in this vintage postcard from Karen’s Whimsy

st-patricks-day-clipart-2 …where I also found this wonderful Celtic castle! I simply printed them at 8 x 10 size, trimmed them to fit and taped them on the Dollar Tree candle holder. For these, since there was still so much white showing around the edges, I used my tea dye Distress Ink and a sea sponge and added a few vintage-looking stains.

012 Baby Kitty was in charge of making the little tags, so he chose to use green scrapbooking paper and added the Gaelic phrase Erin Go Bragh…Ireland forever…found below so that you can add it to your tags if you wish.
Erin go bragh

032Here is how it looks. Love that linen-look emerald green scrapbooking paper…the perfect touch! Just tie them on with a little jute twine…

050 …and voilà! I used shorter candles rather than the tall pillar candles so that the main features of each postcard would glow in the candlelight! Can you see how the lake and the castle look like they are reflecting the sunset? And her dress is simply shimmering! Love it! And…I have to leave you with my favorite Irish joke… What’s green and stays out all night? Paddy O’Furniture! (Get it? Patio furniture?) lol lol Sorry! Have a wonderful Saint Paddy’s Day!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my candles! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Karen at The Graphics Fairy for Brag Monday 
Kathleen at Cuisine Kathleen for the Saint Patrick’s Day Blog Crawl
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party

Jaime Lyn at Crafty, Scrappy, Happy for Crafty, Scrappy, Happy Me on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top