053 I am excited to show you this project because I am using some of my favorite treasures and Goodwill hunting finds! Spring is just around the corner and the bluebirds are inspecting my nesting boxes, so what better theme than nests!

071I was inspired by Miss Mustard Seed (Gotta love her!) to put together my own little version of a nesting cloche vignette. One look in my stash and I knew I already had all I needed…so it was free! Here are my basic elements…vintage books, a sheet music wreath and some little nesting-themed accessories!  A tutorial for making the sheet music wreath can be found here.

015 Our co-hostess Miss Kitty reminds me that I have forgotten the most important part…

023 …a clutch of tiny bluebird eggs and the wonderful little box where they usually stay!

040 Several years ago, Mr. Bluebird had a very high maintenance wife who could not be pleased. He built her lovely nests in several of my nesting boxes but none of them seemed to suit her. She even laid an egg or two in the boxes, but finally abandoned them all before sitting on them.

042So finally in the fall, I carefully gathered them up and stored them in this wonderful little box that I found. I love the bluebird egg blue interior…so appropriate, don’t you think? They have been there for several years now…my secret little treasure!

060 Another treasure is this sweet statue of an oh-so-frenchy little boy holding a nest with two tiny baby birds hungrily opening their mouths. I found it at Goodwill for under $4.00…one of my favorite finds!

033 The little sign was fun to make…a piece of poster board covered with burlap (attached with rubber cement) and another smaller piece sprayed with chalkboard paint and attached in the same fashion. Punch holes, add twine and voilà! Easy peasy!

page2And here is the copy cat shot…not identical, but of the same spirit! I’ll be posting this one at Debbiedoo’s for the Spring Copycat Party!

071 And there you have it…my springy, vintage-look nesting-themed cloche! What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my nesting vignette! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Debbie at Debbiedoo’s for the Spring Copycat Party
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday and the Spring Cloche Party
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Swing into Spring and the Bunny Blog Hop

Jaime Lyn at Crafty, Scrappy, Happy for Crafty, Scrappy, Happy Me on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays and Spring Linky Party
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top