069A sunny day and some blossoms on the trees are making me feel like spring is finally on the way! Sooo...I am really excited to show you my latest project...my Pottery Barn inspired Easter eggs!

img33o As soon as I saw these eggs from Pottery Barn, I knew I had to try my hand at re-creating them...but with one change. I wanted to use pretty pastel colors because they just say Easter to me!

027 So I was happy to find these eggs at Hobby Lobby...on sale for about $7.00...waaay better than Pottery Barn's $20 plus shipping! They already have little organdy ribbons attached for hanging and I love the little speckles, too!

HAPPY EASTER

I already knew which font I would use for the graphic...one of my favorites...My Old Remington. Next, I went in search of instructions for printing on tissue paper and found this video from Shimmy Bean Creations. I have to admit that I tried going a little rogue and experimenting with her instructions...bad idea. I had to fall back on my years of experience as a teacher in clearing paper jams from the Xerox machine! However, I managed to get two good copies...an extra in case I messed up...which I did.

049 First,
I cut out the letters. It doesn't have to be perfect. Since it is tissue paper and will not show very much, you can allow a little extra around the edges. This makes them easier to handle, too.
Next,
I used a brush to cover a section of the egg with Mod Podge (I used the matte finish) and then carefully apply the letter. Try to handle it as little as possible,  using the brush dipped in more Mod Podge to move it around and smooth it out. There will be a few wrinkles, but that's OK.  To me, that's part of the look.
Finally,
I let them dry overnight. I hung them on my kitchen cabinet knobs for this part of the process.

052
Miss Kitty would like to show you how they turned out...not bad, huh? Love those Easter-y pastel colors!

pb bunnies-horz3 And here it is…the Pottery Barn copy-cat shot! My bunnies came from Target. Cute, huh? Work it, girls! I’ll be posting this one at Debbiedoo’s for the spring Copycat Party!

069 And here is the result!  I think  I am really going to enjoy them because they can be used in so many different ways...added to a pretty glass container as vase filler, tied along a length of twine as a garland...my head is spinning! Now if spring will just hurry up and get here, I will really be excited!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Easter eggs! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Debbie at Debbiedoo’s for the Spring Copycat Party
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party and the Bunny Blog Hop

Jaime Lyn at Crafty, Scrappy, Happy for Crafty, Scrappy, Happy me on Thursdays
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila! French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays and Spring Linky Party
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top