You may remember that I did something similar with my vintage French sheet music candles at Christmas. I loved the look so much that I wanted to create another version of it!
And the best part…they were free! I just cleaned some empty jars and removed the labels, printed the sheet music (It's called Envoie de Fleurs...sending flowers!) and pulled the rest from my stash.
Here is what you will need:
- Glass jars in assorted sizes, cleaned and dried with the labels removed
- Printouts of French sheet music found at The Graphics Fairy here
- Rubber cement
- Jute twine
- Matte finish tape
- Red felt to trim (optional)
And here is what you will do:
- Cut the sheet music to fit the jars. I used two lengths, back-to-back since you can see inside the jar..
- Next, glue the two sheets together with rubber cement. It’s a great adhesive to use with paper since it doesn’t wrinkle and you can simply roll it with your finger to remove the excess.
- To create the cutouts, simply fold the sheets in half across the short side and cut out your pattern. Note: I practiced first on plain paper until I got the cutout the size that I wanted it to be. I used a heart for Valentine’s Day, but any cutout could be used. Unfold your sheet and you will see a whole pattern. If you are uncomfortable cutting your own, you will find quite a few shapes online.
- Wrap jute twine around the mouth of the jar several times and tie. You can add felt hearts mounted on sheet music as I did if you wish.
- Insert your tealight and light with a long match…or use a battery-operated tealight if you prefer.
And just in case you are a lover of ticking and toile like me, you will also find them in my rustic farmhouse Valentine centerpiece!
Baby Kitty still says that they are among his favorites since he helped me make them!
And here’s a final look! I think I am really going to enjoy them…for Valentine’s day and beyond!
What about you? Are you adding some Valentine touches to your home?
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…