I decided to use coordinating fabrics in pretty spring colors…turquoise, hot pink, lime green and a print that features those colors plus more. Of course, you could create the same wreath in colors that suit any season!
Here’s what you will need:
- ½ yard each of 4 different coordinating fabrics (Most prints are 44-45 inches wide.)
- 14 inch foam wreath form
- Jute twine
- Hot glue
And here’s what you will do:
First, cut off the selvedge (the white part along the edge) then cut each of the fabrics into three equal pieces. My measurements are not exact since it depends on the size of your selvedge.
For each of the fabrics, stack up the three pieces that you have just cut and cut them again into nine 2” strips. Repeat until you have cut all of the fabrics into strips. You now have 27 strips for each of your fabrics.
Now you are ready to begin making the wreath:
- Fold a strip in half and tie it around the form using a double knot. Then open up the ends of the strips to create a fuller bow.
- Tie them in a pattern that pleases you. I found that grouping them in twos and fours helped to create larger splashes of color.
- Keep working until you have covered the whole wreath form. You can see how I have overlapped the strips on the back.
- Be sure that you have added in as many strips as you need to fill in the whole wreath. You will probably have a few left over. I have a another little project planned for my leftover strips that I will share later.
Here’s how your wreath will look at this point. However, our CEO Ozzie says that it will be even prettier if you will take it one more step…
…and wiggle each of the strips a little, alternating directions as you go, so that the the knots are not all lined up in a row. Then fluff the wreath to give it a fuller look. Finally, make a loop of jute twine and hot glue it to the back of the wreath. It is now ready to be hung and be enjoyed! :-)
And if you are a fan of burlap, here’s my burlap no-sew burlap rose wreath starring colorful and easy-to-make burlap roses accented with bright green felt leaves.
Barb at The Everyday Home... No-Sew Memory Board
Yvonne at StoneGable... No-Sew Tablecloth Runner
Don't forget to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…