I have a quick and easy little Christmas project for you today…Mason jar Christmas candles…that still have a lot of seasonal impact, I think. I am going for a more rustic look this Christmas, so these candles add the perfect touch to my decor!

Baby Kitty As usual, I am assisted by my co-host Baby Kitty…who was distracted by the birds at the back yard feeder!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Mason Jar Christmas Candles As you can see, there are three different candles so I will show you one by one how to make them. Easy peasy!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Mason Jar Christmas Candles The first one is the simplest…just a candle in a pint Mason jar (held in place with a wax button…found at World Market) surrounded by fresh cranberries. I finished it off with some twine around the mouth and a sprig of boxwood. Fun!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Mason Jar Christmas Candles2 The second look uses a votive holder in the bottom of a quart Mason jar (Although if you look closely, you will see it says Barilla…spaghetti sauce jar…free! lol) surrounded by fresh cranberries. And if it looks familiar…

CONFESSIONS OF APLATE ADDICT Fall Mason Jar Candles …it’s because it’s the same jar I used in my Pottery Barn inspired fall Mason jar candles! You can find a complete tutorial for adding the wire handles by clicking here.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Mason Jar Christmas Candles3 But I think this one is my favorite! I was inspired by a similar candle that I found on Pinterest from a British home decor magazine and decided to try my hand at it. I have to tell you a secret…this is not as easy as it looks because boxwood sprigs float! I used a small nut from my tool drawer as a weight and attached it to the sprigs with white thread. Problem solved! Then just add a floating candle and some cranberries!

And there you have them…my Mason jar Christmas candles! The cost…virtually free since I had everything on hand! I am going to enjoy these! And…I have some more easy Christmas ideas that I will be showing you because if you know me, you know I am all about fun, easy and practically free projects! 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas candles!  Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures and the Winter Party  
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

The Everyday Home for the Better Late than Never Party 
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials. Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

Centsational Girl for the Holiday Home Craft Party
Cedar Hill Ranch for Homespun Christmas Handmade Holidays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!


Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top