CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Christmas Centerpiece I am so excited about my latest project! Yes, I know I always say that, but this one is one of my favorites! I was inspired a a photo that I found on Pinterest from a British home decor magazine.  Isn’t it just so Christmas-y and festive? I love the simple, old-fashioned look!

It was really pretty easy! Just a warning, though…this project makes a mess so put out lots of newspaper for an easier clean-up! Here’s what I did…
  1. I found six flower pots that would fit my basket (more about it later) and filled each of them with some floral foam, cutting off the tops so that they would be flat.
  2. Next, I traced the top of the flower pot to use as a pattern and cut a circle for each pot out of a floral moss mat. The moss mat is less messy than just moss since it has a backing to help hold it in place and give it a shape. Then I tucked the moss circle over the foam.
  3. I used a knife to cut a slit in the moss mat and then turned the knife in the foam to create a hole. Then I added a candle to each pot.
  4. I used cuttings from my hollies in the yard and some faux berries to add some texture and color to each pot.
step 5 Finally, I added a strip of the moss mat to each pot, tying it in place with jute twine. Almost finished! And…do you see my little  co-host in the background?

Isabella Miss Isabella decided that this project was just a little too messy for her, so she supervised from a distance!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Christmas Centerpiece2 Then all that is left is to pop the pots into place in a frenchy metal basket from Southern Living…a fabulous Goodwill find for under $4.00. And…

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Christmas Centerpiecetaaa daaa! There you have it! I love the simplicity and natural look…perfect for my rustic burlap and plaid theme this Christmas! This is just a peek…I’ll show you more of the breakfast room (and the rest of the house) later! Plus I have a few little easy projects to share that you can finish up before Christmas arrives! I’d better hurry! Only two more weeks!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas centerpiece! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures and the Winter Party  

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

The Everyday Home for the Better Late than Never Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top