CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Front Porch for FallFall is finally here and it has arrived on my front porch! I can’t wait for you to see it because it includes  something different that I have been planning for a year now. Do you see it?

page Here’s a look at my porch…pumpkins, lanterns, mums and…yes, that’s it!…a dried corn garland above the door! I am so excited! But first…there’s another little surprise hiding in the photo. Do you see her? Look in the sidelight to the right of the front door…

kitty helper  …and you will see my co-host today…Miss Kitty! She is keeping an eye on me and making sure everything is in its proper place.

basket and garland 3This year I wanted to use as many natural elements as possible with more muted fall colors…softer shades of orange and gold on the door.
 
basket I used a basket that I found at Goodwill several years ago and filled it with leaves, pyracantha berries, little pumpkins and ears of dried corn.

corn garland And strung above the door…a garland made of more dried corn. Click here to get the details on what inspired me and how to make it!

right 4 On one side of the door…traditional orange pumpkins …

pumpkin lantern …and a stack of tiger pumpkins filling a lantern. Love their colors!

pansies And on either side, a pumpkin-shaped pot that I found at Lowe’s last fall filled with pansies in my favorite color combination…yellow, purple and white.

left On the other side, more of the same…

wheat lantern …except that the lantern is filled with wheat…perfect for fall!

mums  I also added these wonderful mums with a variety of colors in one pot! Love it!

porchAnd here it is…my front porch for fall! But I do have a little confession…any leaves that you see are faux! lol It’s still waaay too warm here for any changing leaves! Hey…whatever it takes to set the mood for fall until the weather catches up with the calendar here in the South! What about you? Are you seeing any signs of fall?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my porch! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

Thrifty Decor Chick for the Easy Fall Decor Party  The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday 

2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Debbiedoo's Power of Pinterest Party on Saturdays
See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top