One of my favorite things about fall is fresh figs! Do you love them like I do? My favorites are the Black Mission figs…yum! Sooo…inspired by the reappearance of my seasonal favorites, I decided to create a tea towel in their honor! Isn’t that normal? lol

BK and figs And, of course, I can’t do a post without my trusty sidekick and co-host Baby Kitty! He is a big fan of fruit, believe it or not, but peaches and strawberries are his favorites!

figs And here they are…my figgy loves! Aren’t they gorgeous? Gotta love the fabulous shades of purple with little pops of green on the outside! But the inside…a real explosion of unexpected color and yummy goodness! Don’t they just look like a painting?

figues violettes transfer
In fact, they always make me think of this painting…A Plate of Figs by one of my favorite artists...Giovanna Garzoni. Isn’t it amazing? And get ready for this…it dates from 1662! Can you imagine? She was one of the first female artists to work with still lifes and became well-known in a world where all of her contemporaries were men! Incredible! I added the script underneath to give it a little frenchy touch and flipped it for you to use as a transfer. If you would like to read more about her, click here and if you would like to see a lovely slide show of her work set to music, click here.

figs and tea towel I just printed it on iron-on transfer paper and followed the directions to apply it to flour sack cloths from Target…easy peasy and practically free since I already had everything in my stash!

tea towel and figsThen of course I had to play with the tea towel and the figs to try to create a little still life of my own in the sunlight and shadows created on my dining room table by my Palladian window!

bleu cheese and figs And for me, you cannot have figs without bleu cheese! And even better, I lucked up on some roquefort at Publix the other day, but I can’t show that to you since it has already…er…disappeared along with part of the figs!

figs and GewrztraminerAnd while we are at it, we might as well add a glass of Gewürztraminer, my favorite French wine from the Alsace region! Now that’s what I call a perfect still life! Hmmm. Well…if you will excuse me, I guess I will leave you since I need to…er…take care of my props! :-)

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my little project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Marty at A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Sizzle into Summer

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top