Here’s a Halloween craft that is fun, easy and practically free…and I bet you already have on hand just about everything you need! All it takes is cylindrical candle holders from Dollar Tree, pillar candles, twine, construction paper and access to a printer! That’s it!

Holiday Candle Sleeves And if you are thinking it looks familiar…it does! I used the same method to make candle covers for Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Saint Patrick's Day and now Halloween! I just used the same cylinders and changed the sleeve. How easy is that?

Witchy Cat CandleAren’t they fun? I usually don’t do a lot of over-the-top Halloween, but I loved the vintage images that I found at Vintage Halloween eCard. There are oodles of choices and…best of all…they are arranged by horizontal and vertical cards…someone who thinks like me! lol Just click to enlarge the horizontal cards that you choose and print at 8 x 10 size! (I use Photoscape, a free photo-editing program, to download and print my pictures so that I can control the size.)

Easy Halloween CandlesMine, of course, all have cats on them! The postcards didn’t print quite up to the edges of the paper for me, so I just trimmed them and added some orange ribbon at the top and the bottom of the cylinder before I applied the Halloween graphics. Mine are simply taped at the back.

BKNext, I added another strip of ribbon along the seam to hide the tape and applied it with rubber cement. You could, however, first cover the entire cylinder with orange construction paper and go from there. One last step..add the tags! Baby Kitty is already on this part of the job…literally! lol
Halloween Candle TextI just printed the graphics above, cut them into strips and used rubber cement to attach them to black tag shapes that I cut from construction paper.

Witchy Cat Candle Finally, I punched holes in the tags and tied them to the candles with jute twine! Easy peasy!

Easy Halloween CandlesAnd there you have them! Honestly, I do my Halloween decorating for my grandsons and I think the little guys are just old enough to notice this year. Or at least to see the kitties and say meow! lol What about you? Are you starting to think about Halloween yet?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

Thrifty Decor Chick for the Easy Fall Decor Party 
Sand and Sisal for the Countdown to Fall Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

2805 for Potpourri Friday  
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top