CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Summer Patio TourYaaay! The sun came out after weeks of rain and I was finally able to get a few photos of the patio! Needless to say, everything is very green and growing like crazy!

Baby Kitty However, it has been so long since we have seen the sun that I think Baby Kitty has forgotten what it is! I do believe that our co-host is in such shock that I will have to start the tour without him!

Patio Side View First, here’s a look at the patio as you enter from the gate. On pretty days, I like to open all of the windows and leave the door open so the staff can go in and out for a short while. I stay outside with them the whole time since they are really house cats. (Don’t tell them I called them that!) And yes…that’s a fan! By this time of year it’s not possible to sit outside without one!

PatioThis is my favorite spot for morning coffee! I planted several maple trees nearby about 10 years ago and now they are big enough to keep this part of the patio nice and shady.

Patio On the sunny end of my patio I have created a little conversation area for when a friend drops by. That’s my mercury glass Mason jar on the little table. Two of my favorite pillows that I have made have found their way outside on sunny days…my sheep pillow and my new summery sailboat pillow.

Water Feature Miss Kitty’s favorite part of the patio is the little water feature! She thinks it is her own personal fountain!

Water Hyacinths By the end of this month the water hyacinths should be blooming. They open at night and only last one day…beautiful!

Picnic Basket Planter My shabby picnic basket planter is back for the third summer now. The begonias seem to love it! You can find a tutorial for making it here.

Flower Pot Man Another favorite of mine making a return appearance is my little flower pot man! This year his hair is creeping fig. He is turning a little green from all the rain but I like that. He usually has sphagnum moss stuffed in the pots but a pair of mocking birds kept stealing it to make their nest so I  gave up!  You can find out how to make one of your own here.

Snail And I love this guy…my big rusty old escargot! A patio wouldn’t be frenchy without a snail! He has lost an antenna but he still casts a wonderful light at night with the candle inside of him.

Catnip Of course, we have catnip on the patio for the staff! I have to keep it caged because our naughty feline neighbor really tears into it when she comes over to visit. Baby Kitty is standing guard!

Kitty and Catnip But when the staff is outside, I take it out for them to enjoy!

Kitty Hmmm…Miss Kitty seems to have enjoyed it a little too much!

GeraniumI almost always have pink flowers planted on the patio and this year is no exception.  I also love these wonderful coral-colored geraniums that I found!

Hydrangea And my lace cap hydrangeas are really loving all the rain this year! I finally have enough to cut some of them and bring inside, and just in time because…

Summer Showcase of Homes 2 …I’ll be spending the next few days sprucing up my house and getting ready for your visit! The Summer Showcase of Homes starts on Monday and I am hoping that you will drop by my house for a visit on Wednesday, July 24th! There will be 26 homes to tour and I am really looking forward to getting to peep into the homes of some of my favorite bloggers, too!  Here’s the schedule so that you won’t miss any of them:
Monday 7/22 
Atta Girl Says ~ The Happier Homemaker ~ Rain on a Tin Roof ~ Better With Age ~ Top This Top That
Tuesday 7/23
Mom 4 Real ~ Cedar Hill Ranch ~ Practically Functional ~ While Wearing Heels ~ French Country Cottage
Wednesday 7/24
The Lily Pad Cottage ~ Marty's Musings ~ Confessions of a Plate Addict ~ Town and Country LivingAdventures in Decorating
Thursday 7/25 
Good Life of Design ~ A Stroll Thru Life ~ Worthing Court ~ Back Porch Musings ~ The Rustic Pig
Friday 7/26
Our Southern Home ~ Stone Gable ~ The Everyday Home ~ Recreate and Decorate ~ Sophia's ~ Vignette Design

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed having a little peek at my summer patio! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday  , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, The Everyday Home for Home{work} Wednesday , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top