Want to know how to make the best corn on the cob ever without heating up your kitchen? An armload of fresh Silver Queen corn from a friend reminded me that I haven't shared my secret with you this summer! And...there's still lots of time left for summer cook-outs and family get-togethers...

I don’t know about you, but with all the rain, heat and humidity this summer, I need to stay out of the hot kitchen while cooking for my family! Sooo…I thought I would share with you this super easy and super cool way to prepare one of my favorites…corn on the cob! And I promise…once you’ve had it this way, you will never do it any other way!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Best Corn on the Cob Ever A friend's trip to my favorite produce stand in the North Georgia mountains netted me some fabulously fresh Silver Queen corn…yum! I left it in the husks so that I could prepare it my new favorite way…in the microwave! Yes…husks and all!  It’s super easy! Just put a wet paper towel in the bottom of your microwave and add the corn. I microwave two ears at a time for a total of five minutes, stopping to turn them over half way through. Here’s a chart if you want to do more, but I found that a little additional time needs to be added. When they are done, just wrap them in a kitchen towel for five minutes and then remove the husks and silks. And that’s it!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Best Corn on the Cob Ever The husks keep the corn really fresh tasting as it cooks in its own natural moisture and the husks and silks are actually easier to remove once they have been cooked. Then just add butter and salt and pepper...yummy!

Kitty Miss Kitty and the rest of the staff are taking it easy this summer and staying out of the heat! We are hoping that you have found somewhere cool and shady to relax, too! I know that’s what I will be doing!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed having a little peek at my super easy corn on the cob! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday  , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, The Everyday Home for Home{work} Wednesday , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top