As soon as I saw my vintage blue Mason jar, I knew this centerpiece was coming! I just had to wait for the perfect bits of nature to complement it…and I found them at last! But I will be honest here…my centerpiece didn’t start out this way.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Summer CenterpieceYou see…it started on my new zinc tray…mostly because I wanted you to see it…my Pottery Barn Outlet bargain! And I wanted to use my favorite colors…blue and yellow. Now I am no minimalist, but I still knew something was wrong.

Ozzie And then my oh-so-wise CEO Miss Ozzie, who always gets straight to the point, had a suggestion…Edit, my dear, just edit. Focus on the things you love best!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Simple Summer Centerpiece And she was right! So I pulled out my favorite ironstone tea pot…

Mason Jar …and I added my wonderful vintage blue Mason jar…

Hydrangeas …filled with a beautiful blossoming hydrangea and a bouquet of yellow and white flowers.

NestNext came my favorite bird’s nest whose creator had lovingly decorated it with a crape myrtle seed pod. Then I filled it with bluebird eggs from an abandoned nest…thanks to a very territorial pair of mocking birds who want to remain neighborless.

And there you have it…my simple summer centerpiece...with all of my new loves in one place! Yes…I have to admit…Miss Ozzie was right. Sometimes less is more!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed having a little peek at my simple summer centerpiece! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop on Tuesdays , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, The Everyday Home for Home{work} Wednesday  , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , DIY by Design for Swing into Spring , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top