Here’s another one of those projects I have had in the back of my mind for a while…my French grain sack rug. I have had a seagrass rug for a while now that always seemed to need a little spiffing up.

Baby KittyAs usual, my co-host Baby Kitty had a suggestion…why not frenchify it with the grain sack stencil that he helped me make three years ago!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Grain Sack PillowWe used the stencil to make my French grain sack pillow and, although I often change my pillows, this one has had a permanent place in my home ever since. 

Paint ColorsI started by mixing three colors of paint…light blue, dark blue and soft black...to achieve the color that I wanted. I dampened a sea sponge to soften it and then used a paper towel to dry it as much as possible.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Grain Sack Rug Tutorial Then here’s what I did:
  1. I taped off two one inch lines using painter’s tape.
  2. I used the sponge to fill in between the tape lines. 
  3. When the paint was dry, I removed the tape. The lines were not perfect, but I knew that with the highly-textured seagrass, I would have to accept that. Anyway…grain sacks are not perfect, right?
  4. Finally, I sprayed the back of the grain sack stencil with repositionable spray adhesive and then placed it in the center of the rug. I used the sponge to dab on the paint.

And here you have it. I think I like it! It adds just the right amount of texture to my hallway and, of course, you know I love me some frenchiness, too! And...best of all...it was free!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed having a little peek at my French grain sack rug! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop on Tuesdays , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, The Everyday Home for Home{work} Wednesday  , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , DIY by Design for Swing into Spring , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top