CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Fun with Vintage Paris MapsIt is raining here today and I am dreaming of the City of Lights…thinking about two years ago when the trip to Paris with my ten-year–old grandson was only a few weeks away…

View of Notre Dame …and I had the pleasure of sharing my favorite city with one of my favorite little guys. Sigh! It was a week filled to the brim with every single bit of Paris and the surrounding countryside that we could pack in. You can go along on the adventure with us and see my plan for seeing Paris in seven days by starting here. You will also find links to the whole series of posts about our trip. I loved every second!

Baby KittyHow I would love to be able to relive it all! But…since I can’t…Baby Kitty has a suggestion. How about a little virtual trip by playing with some vintage Parisian paper crafts?  Great idea, Big Boy!

Eiffel Tower It all started when I found this wonderful vintage cut-out of the Eiffel Towerlove it! (You can find it here.) It reminded me of our first day there…when we climbed to the top…and our last night there…when we sat in amazement in the park and watched her nightly light show!

Paris in 1900And then I found this fabulous vintage map of Paris from 1900 which includes all of the monuments! Amazing! You can actually download it in higher resolution here…where you will also find quite a few more old maps of Paris in the public domain.

Paris in 1900 close-up In fact, I cropped out and enlarged the heart of Paris for a little more detail…the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral…aaah! And then my little brain went to work on some quick and easy Paris projects with the maps!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Fun with Vintage Paris Maps I simply Mod Podged the print-out of the maps…one of the whole map and one of the close-up…to some pillar candles in two sizes for instant Parisian fun! You will find a tutorial for creating Mod Podge candles here. Then I pieced together two copies of the close-up map to cover an old book…and voilà…I had a little miniature version of Paris to explore with my memories!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Fun with Vintage Paris Maps And there you have it…my little virtual trip to Paris on a rainy day. The paper crafts were really fun and easy and brought back some wonderful memories for me. It will be eight more years before my youngest grandsons will be old enough for the trip. Now the question is…will I be ready to take two very energetic ten and eleven year old boys to Paris then? Hmmm…we’ll see!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my projects with vintage Paris maps! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop on Tuesdays , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , DIY by Design for Swing into Spring , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top