CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Goodwill Hunting and More I have been stuck at home with some sort major bug and was finally feeling good enough today to do something I have been missing…a little Goodwill hunting! I am always telling you about my bargains but this time I thought I would just bring you along for the hunt! And I must say that it was an unusually good day, too…not that I bought it all because I didn’t. I am trying to make myself understand that sometimes things can be pretty…for someone else. See if you can spot the items that I actually did buy.

lamp First item I spied was this oh-so-frenchy lamp! Can you imagine it with some Annie Sloan Old White paint and a little distressing? Fabulous! Like most of the things I will show you, it was under $12. That seems to be the magic limit in my brain past which it just says No, no…not buying this.

urnI love this wonderful vase…or is it an urn? It has those frenchy art nouveau details that I like and a sort of vintage trophy feel. It was nice and heavy and only $10…not bad at all.

tureen Oh, my! Just look at this tureen! It jumped in my cart and rode around for a while.  After all…it’s only $6.00 and I could just imagine the hutch all filled with white tureens!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Farmhouse Style on a Budget But I will tell you that in the end I had to put it back because…I already have one! You can see more of it here.

globeHere’s a great little vintage-look globe with the tags still on it from World Market. Their price…$24  and Goodwill’s price…$5.00…fun!

wooden trays I also spied two wooden trays at $5.00 each and could imagine them painted distressed white with a fabulous frenchy graphic from the Graphics Fairy in the center!

trays Then there was a stack of old silverplate trays…some of them engraved and one of them sporting a grape trim…my favorite motif! And…they were all under $10! Woo hoo!

champagne bucketAnd here’s a silverplate champagne bucket in need of a good polishing and pushing my price limit at $15…but a bargain for something like that!

cutting board I was tempted by this old well-worn cutting board at only $2.52. You may remember a similar cutting board that was used to make…

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Monogrammed Serving Board …this…my Pottery Barn inspired monogrammed serving board. You can get the details on how to make it here. I said I might like to make another one. Hmmm…

books And here’s a pair of vintage French books La France: Géographie,Tourisme filled with wonderful old black and white photos and maps…for only $13 for both of them! I have seen them on French eBay for around $40 for both volumes.

009 And finally, I found this little tea pot souvenir from someone’s visit to Oak Alley Plantation in Vacherie, Louisiana…one of the places I have always wanted to visit. I have thought about starting a little souvenir collection of places I want to check out just in case I never get there. Or maybe I should just buy the guitar-playing cats in the background! lol
But…hang on…our outing is not over! We are not too far from the Ballard Designs Outlet and I have a coupon…so let’s go check it out, too.

047 Now here, I have to say, I must forget my $12 limit if I ever want to buy anything at all! It’s all waaaay above that!  But it doesn’t hurt to look! I am drawn to these huge Anduze-style pots…especially the white ones.

023You may remember that I made my own smaller version. You will find a tutorial for making your own Anduze posts here.

plaques
I have admired these frenchy wall plaques for a while now and even considered using one as a headboard after a bit of painting…but they are a tad fancy-schmancy for my house.

Clocks Woah! Clock lovers will drool over this…piles and piles of them…all lined up like spare parts in a clock factory!

ottoman Of course, the frenchy fabric on this ottoman stopped me in my tracks…love it!

050 But only this one really made me have to give a little thought to reconsidering my price range…a fabulous French oak leaf plaster wreath! But…it was $50 and even with a coupon, too expensive for me. And…where would I put it? I have to admit that I have walked around my house to see if I could find a place. Maybe another trip there before Memorial Day weekend?

kittyOr…maybe not! Miss Kitty says some things are worth more than a good bargain…like a good nap! And…what came home with me? I’ll show you in my next post!
Update: See what came home with me here!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed going Goodwill hunting with me! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop on Tuesdays , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, The Everyday Home for Home{work} Wednesday  , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , DIY by Design for Swing into Spring , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top