CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Vintage French Script Bird PillowsI can’t wait to show you this super-easy, fun and very stylish project! I have been eyeing those wonderful pillows that combine one of my favorites…French document fabric...with fabulous vintage prints. I have seen them featured at $85 on sale for $56yikes!  But I have yet to see one that looked exactly like what I had in mind. Then it dawned on me…why not just make my own?  I already had the exact same French script fabric in a pillow I had made three years ago. Sooo…I just took it apart and…taaa daaa…I had what I needed to make two new pillows!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Vintage French Script Bird Pillows My next job was to find the just-right vintage print to go with my fabric and I didn’t have to look very far! Karen at The Graphics Fairy had shared some lovely bird prints that I knew would be perfect! This pretty Victorian scrap piece of a bird with flowers added exactly what I was looking for!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Vintage French Script Bird PillowsAnd best of all, there was a companion graphic of a pretty bird with pink cherry blossoms! Woo hoo! Thanks so much, Karen! I just printed them out in mirror images on iron-on transfer paper (I used Avery Light Fabric Transfers), trimmed them closely and followed the directions on the package to apply them…easy peasy! I love how the script shows through the transfers just like it does on those expensive pillows!

Envelope Pillow Closure TutorialNow you may be wondering how I managed to get two pillows from one…I used burlap to make the pillow backs! I now use envelope closures for all of my pillows because it allows me to remove the covers for easy storage and to reuse my pillow forms. You will find a tutorial here. I might add that I have found Goodwill to be an excellent source of down pillows…usually for under $3.00. I have several in my stash and just pull out the ones that are the right size for my project.

Isabella I love my new pillows but Miss Isabella says she doesn’t know what the big deal is. They are just fake birds, after all! She prefers the kind that flutters and tweets.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Vintage French Script Bird Pillows But I think they are just perfect for me! They look just like those $85 pillows, have the vintage prints that I wanted and mine were…wait for itFREE!!!! You can’t beat that!

And here's where you will find me today...on Anita's beautiful back porch at Cedar Hill Ranch for an interview! Head on over and check it out. I am revealing a few secrets! lol

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my French script bird pillows! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday, The Graphics Fairy for Brag Monday ,The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop on Tuesdays , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Everyday Home for Home{work} Wednesday , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top