CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Silk Dyed EggsThere are only a few days left until Easter…just enough time for me to show you one last project…my silk dyed eggs!  For these eggs, I used a fun and different method to achieve the patterns and colors…old silk ties and scarves!

KittyOur co-host today Miss Kitty did a little research and found some easy-to-follow instructions here…courtesy of…who else?…Martha Stewart! I just followed along, doing exactly as Martha suggests. I did find on another website, however, that these eggs should not be eaten since the dye is not food safe.

Supplies A trip to Goodwill netted me some silk ties in festive Easter-y colors plus a silk scarf in a pretty shade of green. You must be sure that they are 100% silk or it will not work…so only use ties that are clearly labeled.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Silk Dyed Eggs4 Once the eggs were finished and I could get a look at the result, I was excited to see how they turned out! The scarf actually seemed to leave the best pattern…almost perfect!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Silk Dyed Eggs3And I loved the effect of the silk ties…a print of the original fabric on the front and a tie-dyed look on the back where the fabric had been gathered up with a rubber band.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Silk Dyed Eggs2Don’t you love these eggs? I think I almost like the swirly pattern from the back more than the one on the front! Now I think I am ready for Easter!

BK Easter And it looks like Baby Kitty is ready, too! And as Martha says...that’s a good thing…since the Easter bunny will soon be stopping by for a visit!  So the staff at Plate Addict and I are wishing lots of chocolate bunnies and jelly beans for you along with a very happy Easter!


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my silk dyed eggs! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday , Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop on Tuesdays , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , DIY by Design for Swing into Spring , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! À la prochaine!


Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top