I can’t wait to show you what I have been working on…my Pottery Barn inspired French Valentine pillow! You know what a big fat copy-cat I am, so as soon as I saw it on their web site, I knew I had to copy it! And best of all, mine was practically free since I already had everything I needed!

But if you know me, you also know that I had to frenchify it! :-) It has basically the same message…but in French!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Valentine Pillow Graphic
Here is the graphic in case you want to make it yourself. It’s backwards so that you can use it as an iron-on transfer.

 I just ironed it on to a piece of white duck and stitched it to red burlap! (That’s my sweater pillow with a burlap rose in the background. You can find a tutorial for it here.)

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Valentine Pillow3I used an envelope-style closure for the back so that I could just remove the cover for easy storage. You can see my tutorial for making the closure here. You may notice that I seem to have become a pillow addict as well, so this allows me to use the same pillow form over and over and saves space. This one is down-filled and was a $3.00 bargain at Goodwill.

 And there  you have it! It’s perfect for me…blending with my French country decor without being too cutesy! I still have a few more Valentine projects that I want to show you, so stay tuned for more! But I had better hurry…

staff…because Valentine's Day is one month from today! Hard to believe since here in the South we have been having a “heat wave” with temps in the 70s! The staff is enjoying having the windows open, but I am one of those weird people who loves cold weather! It won’t feel like Valentine’s Day to me without it! What about you?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my frenchy Valentine pillow! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! À la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top