CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Tea Towel Pillow I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year celebration! I’ve been busy preparing for something really big that will be happening at my house…but I can’t tell you about it just yet! :-) In the meantime, I want to share my first project for this year…a fun vintage French pillow…made from a tea towel…easy!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Tea Towel Pillow 2 Isn’t it wonderful? And the best thing…it only took a few minutes to make it! The pillow is actually made from an oh-so-frenchy tea towel sporting a receipt from an early 1900s Paris butcher shop. It was sweet a gift from my thoughtful friend Barb at The Everyday Home. She actually sells them in her online shop Farmhouse Decor here.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Tea Towel Pillow 3 I have thought about using tea towels to make pillows, but the problem with most of them is that the design is vertical…and that would just make a strangely long and tall pillow! What makes this one unique is that it has script and designs going both directions so it makes sense as a pillow! Gotta love that! That's my sweater pillow with a burlap rose in the background. You can find a tutorial for making both of them here.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Tea Towel Pillow envelope closure As usual, I finished it off with a burlap envelope closure (tutorial here) so the cover can be removed and easily stored…thus accommodating what seems to be a growing pillow addiction for me! lol

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Tea Towel Pillow Here’s a final look. I love it!  Does it have my name on it or what? It’s easy, frenchy, vintage and it has burlap…what more could you want?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my frenchy pillow! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top