Somebody stop me! I made another pillow! lol I do seem to have a thing about them…and you can use them to make easy changes to your decor each season!

birdcage pillow PB This time my inspiration was this wonderful collection of birdcage print pillows from Pottery Barn. They are reproductions of a trio of paintings by Laurie Rohrbach. Of course, the blue one is my favorite. And, as luck would have it, they are on sale, but the blue one is no longer available. Sooo…I decided to make my own!

birdcage blue watercolor best transfer
I started with a wonderful vintage birdcage graphic from The Graphics Fairy, gave it a blue water color look using PhotoScape, and then layered in her lovely canary graphic that I altered a bit. Thanks so much, Karen, for the fabulous graphics you so generously share with us! I flipped it for you so that it can be printed on iron-on transfer paper. Just follow the directions on the package. I used a cream twill for the front and a cream burlap for the back, finishing it with an envelope closure so that I can reuse the pillow.

002 Once the pillow cover was finished, I added some trim from my ribbon stash. First I used yellow grosgrain ribbon for the outer edge. Theirs had a light blue flange, but I chose to simply attach the ribbon using fabric glue. I mitered the corners for a more finished look.

trim Then I added an additional stripe of light blue ribbon around the graphic…also using fabric glue to hold it in place.

BK Finally, I popped in a down insert from Goodwill…a fabulous bargain at $1.51 since it was the 50% off color of the day! Baby Kitty seems totally unimpressed by my work, preferring the real birds outside the window instead!

page And here they are…Pottery Barn’s pillow on the left and mine on the right. Not bad for virtually free since I already had everything but the insert! I decided to flip the trim colors and to use just one birdcage instead of two as in their version. It looks a little less crowded to me.

028a And here is a final look! I think it looks so crisp and summery! And it’s my favorite colors, too! I think I am really going to enjoy this one!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my birdcage pillow! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Karen at The Graphics Fairy for Brag Monday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Swing into Spring

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Debbie at Debbiedoo’s Blogging and Blabbing for the Copycat Challenge
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top