A fabulous new thrifting find has led me to my latest project…frenchy artichoke tea towels…and I have included the transfer so you can make them, too, if you wish!

009a papyrus cIt all started with this fabulous find at my favorite thrifting spot…Goodwill, of course! Can you believe someone gave this away? A basket filled with nine…count them…nine faux artichokes! They must not have checked the price on them lately! (And in case you are wondering, I used one of the Papyrus texture settings from PicMonkey to get the background!)

012aAnd…please don’t hate me…look at the price…$4.94! That makes them about 50 cents each…not even considering the basket! Woo hooo! The basket is just ordinary, but the artichokes…my head is spinning with ideas!

015 Our co-host Baby Kitty was the source of one idea. Just look at those pretty green eyes with all of that blue and white transferware in the background!

051papyrus labelYes, yes!…Green with blue and white! You know I love this little vignette…just look at my header! lol

Artichokes2

Then I found this drawing from the Graphics Fairy of artichokes in a wonderful blue and white bowl, taken from a vintage cookbook. I just added the French script title. Thanks once again, Karen, for all the great freebies you find for us! No, I’m not crazy. I’ve posted it backwards so you can use it for a transfer.

004 First, I printed it on transfer paper and applied it following directions on the package to a scrap of Osnaburg fabric…my favorite inexpensive and user-friendly linen alternative. Several people have asked…I use Avery brand transfer paper for light fabrics since that’s what I am usually working with.

002 Next, I raveled the edges by pulling the threads one at a time on all sides. There is no fear of having it unravel too far since the transfer has bonded the edges of the fabric.

039 Finally, I sewed it to a tea towel I had made from the same fabric. (Directions for making the tea towel can be found here.) You could, of course, attach it to a ready-made tea towel and save yourself some sewing.

054 And…voilà!…here it is posing with its inspiration! I love it! And I love my new stash of artichokes! I have a feeling you will be seeing more of them!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my frenchy artichoke tea towel! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Karen at The Graphics Fairy for Brag Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Swing into Spring

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top