I am in love…with my “new” shabby tool box! Yes…yet another box has jumped into my car and come home with me! As soon as I laid eyes on its rustic little self, I already knew exactly what I was going to do with it…and of course, it involves plates!

060So when I got it in the house, I filled it up with some of my favorites…plates, platters and lids…all blue and white, of course!

097 I have to admit that this vintage grape platter is my very favorite…a Goodwill hunting find from several years ago. There is no mark on the back and the little handle is missing from the other side, but it still speaks to me!

051In front of my shabby box are my  Spode Imperial Garden salt and pepper shakers. Do you see what they are…little bundles of asparagus! Love them!

095 I also added this little thrifting find…a ceramic book in blue and white with yellow binding. Can you tell what it really is?

092 The front edges of the book bear a little saying…The gift is small. Good will is all.

096 And there’s a cork on the bottom edge! It’s a reproduction of an eighteenth century hand warmer from the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s gift store! In fact, it still had the tag on it when I found it at my favorite flea market…but I only paid $5.00 for mine!

117 And…you can also use it as a little vase…cute!

112Here’s where I put my new little shabby box…on the hutch in the dining room with my blue and white collection. And you might notice that I have put my faux grain sack runner back on the table for spring and summer to add a more rustic feel.

page2 And just in case you are wondering about the whereabouts of my scheduled co-host, let's just say that she is…er… distracted. I’m afraid I must slip in a few embarrassing photos without her knowledge because I want you to see how our Miss Kitty acts like a fool over the smell of strawberries! I can hardly get them in the door!

048 And there you have it! But don’t get too used to seeing it dressed that way! I am already planning a new look!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my shabby little tool box! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Swing into Spring

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top