Here’s what you will need:
- A straw wreath form (Mine came from Michaels at about $3.00 with a coupon.)
- Four or five strips of burlap about 3 inches wide or 1/2 yard of burlap (For me, it took four, but you might cut five just in case.)
- Sweater or fabric hearts (Mine came from Hancock’s on sale at about $1.00 each. I needed 10 of them.)
- Hot glue gun
My original plan was to use the fabric hearts that I created two years ago and add to them. Baby Kitty and I had already pulled out the sewing machine and fabric and were ready to make more…
…when I discovered a basket full of sweater-covered Christmas ornaments at Hancock Fabrics…on sale at 80% off or about $1.00 each…and some of them were heart-shaped! Score! However, it would be easy to make these from old sweaters as well…but why reinvent the wheel?
Here’s what you will do:
- Wrap the straw with the burlap strips, stapling them as you go.
- Be sure to start and end each strip on the back of the wreath so that the front has a nice finished look.
- Create your fabric hearts or use purchased hearts. The number that you will need will depend on their size. I tied off the yarn hangers on mine into a little bow.
- Place your hearts on the wreath, spacing them as you wish. I alternated the direction of the points of the hearts. Then, hot glue them in place.
Finally, I tied some jute twine around the top of the wreath and created a loop on the back so that I could hang it. And…taaa daaa!…here it is! I like the rustic farmhouse look and the contrast of the textures. For me, it says Valentine's Day without being too cutesy!
And just in case you are looking for some more Valentine's Day inspiration, check out some of my favorite projects here. Also…be sure to stay tuned to see my Valentine mantel starring my rustic farmhouse wreath!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed seeing my Valentine wreath! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…