CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Fall Dough Bowl 2012Have you realized that Thanksgiving is three weeks from today? It’s time for me to start planning my tablescape and working on possible centerpieces! My favorite element to use as the star of my Thanksgiving decor is my dough bowl…a cherished heirloom from my grandmother! This year I have decided to fill it with my favorites…old-fashioned traditional pumpkins!

Kitty on monkey bars It’s a beautiful day…warmer and sunny after days of chilly, overcast weather…and our scheduled co-host Miss Kitty has decided to play hooky and have a little romp on the monkey bars instead! Looks like we will have to proceed without her!

Long Stemmed Pumpkin The central element of the arrangement is this wonderful long-stemmed pumpkin that I found during our family visit to the pumpkin farm. Love it!

Fall Dough Bowl I have surrounded it with faux bittersweet, dried magnolia pods and acorns…

Mini Pumpkins …plus these cute little mini-pumpkins with their fabulous little tendrils! I couldn’t resist them and came home with a stash of these from the pumpkin farm as well!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Fall Dough Bowl Nothing says fall and Thanksgiving to me like traditional orange pumpkins! Now just add a little mini Indian corn on the side and a blue and white double happiness jar filled with eucalyptus and there you have it!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Dough Bowls Here’s a look at some of the other ways I have filled my dough bowl in the past, as well as my current centerpiece. Since my dough bowl doesn’t have a flat bottom, I put dried black-eye peas in the bottom when I use candles to help anchor them. However, this year I decided to omit the candles and go for all natural elements.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Fall Dough Bowl 2012I really like the contrast of the blue and white with the pops of orange…a little non-traditional color  combination…

Hutch for Fall …that I have used in the rest of my dining room as well. You can see more here.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Fall Dough Bowl 2012 Here’s one last look at my dough bowl…ready for Thanksgiving! Now…I need to start thinking about my tablescape! I already have a few little ideas in my head! How about you? Are you starting to plan your Thanksgiving table?

Let us not forget to keep our friends in the Northeast in our thoughts as some will be facing a Thanksgiving unlike any that they have ever had...facing loss and destruction after Sandy. Remember to lift them up in your prayers and help them in any way that you can to pull through this difficult time.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my dough bowl! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials. Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday 

2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
The Everyday Home for the "Better Late than Never" Fall Party 
See you next time! A la prochaine!



Want to see more?
Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top