005I love fall…and frenchiness…and antiquing! Sooo…you can imagine how much fun I had heading out with my friend Linda from Nina’s Nest with a little of all three in mind! And since our Goodwill hunting netted nothing, we made a stop at our favorite antiques and interiors shop…the Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta, Georgia where we can always count on some inspiration! One of these finds came home with me! Can you figure out which one? First, look at this fabulous frenchy two piece armoire…love it! Now...I just need a bigger house!

003And…I love this secretary! Look at those fabulous lines and those mirrored doors...gorgeous! I am picturing it painted and slightly distressed...and I’m not usually one to paint furniture.

016Here’s a dresser that is already painted…looks like some Annie Sloan colors to me. You have got to love the lines on this one…fabulously frenchy!

006 Also frenchy…this wonderful French couple in the form of candlesticks! I have a thing for provincial costumes…and pairs…so I love them!

023More provincial costumes…are you beginning to see that I photograph in patterns?…then throw in some farm animals!  I love the idea of framing these vintage cheese labels mounted on ticking! And…goats are a special favorite of mine…I want one!
 
013And who can resist this vintage-looking bull decorating a wooden bowl? The bull is huge and so is the bowl!

011And what search for frenchiness would be complete without a rooster? I haven’t seen this particular grain sack in red…fun! And you might recognize it because I showed you my version here!
 
019And I was also happy to see some favorites of mine are still going strong! Love the mercury glass pumpkins…or is it a gourd?

001 And Santos cage dolls are still popular! Great…

santos3…because I love mine…a little less primitive and always the star of my Christmas decorations! To see more of last year’s Christmas tour click here.
 
010 And we can’t forget fall…with these great felted wool acorns…

024 …and these acorns made of birch bark and pussy willows…so different!
 
021I love this fabulous chippy urn! Just add more Indian corn, some pumpkins and gourds and maybe a few deer sheds…perfect for fall!
 
017 Speaking of deer, I love this vintage clock! It just says fall to me!

020And now for a little fun…a little wooden pumpkin man sitting on a little chair! He wants to know…which of these things actually jumped in my car and came home with me? What do you think?
 
Breton Candlesticks and Quimper wareIf you guessed the frenchy candle stick couple, you are right! Don’t they look fabulous with my Quimper plates? To see more of my collection, click here. Sometimes things just have to come home with someone who will love and appreciate them, don’t you think? That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my finds! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!  
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party 
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday  
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday 
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday 
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday 
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday  
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays 
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures  
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays 
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall 
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays 
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays 
Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays 
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday 
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday  
2805 for Potpourri Friday  
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday  
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday  
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Fridays 
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special 
See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top