Chinese Lantern Tea Towel squareI have a new fall-inspired tea towel for you…starring one of my favorite botanicals…Chinese lanterns! I remember being fascinated by this lovely plant as a child and my love for them has not diminished!

Chinese lanterns transfer So I was really excited to find this wonderful vintage illustration here and it just seemed natural to me to choose them for my fall tea towel design! You know me…I couldn’t resist adding a little frenchiness to the graphic, too. The plant is actually called  Physalis…or more popularly, Chinese lanterns...and in French…lanterne chinoise, amour en cage or coqueret du Pérou. I have already flipped it for you to use as an iron-on transfer. I just followed the directions on the package and applied it to a vintage-y flour sack towel from Target…4 for $4.00…an easy and inexpensive way to add some fall to your kitchen!

bk Now Baby Kitty wants you to see my fabulous surprise…a sweet gift from Jackie, one of my wonderful readers…

tablescape …lovely vintage silverplate in my favorite grapey pattern! Grapes are my favorite motif...so much that I think you could sell me grapes on a stick! Does she know me or what?

Silverplate2 Just look at the detail on the handles…little clusters of grapes surrounded by leaves and even tiny tendrils…amazing! Don’t you love the patina on old silverplate? They date from 1912…one hundred years old and lovelier than ever! Thanks so much to sweet Jackie for thinking of me! I am overwhelmed by her thoughtfulness and generosity!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Chinese Lantern Tea Towel Here’s a final look at the tea towel…fun and full of fall color!  And I have made a decision…I am definitely planting some Chinese lanterns next year! Have you ever tried them? I’d love to know how they did!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my project and my wonderful gift! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!  
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party  
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday  
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday  
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday  
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday  
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday  
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays  
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures  
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays  
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall  
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays  
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays  
Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays  
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday 
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday   
2805 for Potpourri Friday  
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday  
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday  
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday  
Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Fridays  
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special  
See you next time! A la prochaine!

Want to see more? 
Subscribe by email or in a reader 
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top