My assistant, Miss Isabella, loves burlap! It’s practical, cheap and adds lots of texture…and it’s just plain fun! That makes this wreath an easy and inexpensive way to welcome your spring and summer guests into your home!
Here’s what you will need:
- Straw wreath form
- Strips of natural burlap to cover the wreath (1/2 yard should be more than enough)
- Strips of brightly colored burlap to create the roses (I used pink, orange and yellow…1/4 yard of each)
- Two squares of green felt for the leaves
- Hot glue gun
- Jute twine to hang the wreath
And here’s what you will do:
- First, cover the wreath form with strips of burlap, always starting and ending each strip at the back for a more finished look, wrapping at an angle and stapling them in place as you go. Next, create the burlap roses following the instructions that you will find here. Then cut the leaves from felt. I drew them freehand and adjusted the size to fit the size of my roses.
- Now you are ready to attach the roses. I placed them without gluing them until I had an arrangement that I liked. Then I secured them in place with hot glue. Be careful! I like to use a bamboo skewer to press down so I don’t get burned.
- Next you will create the leaves. First, fold down one end about 1/4 of the way and hot glue in place. Next, you will fold in from the two sides and secure with hot glue.
- Your finished leaf should look something like this when you are through. This is to give a little dimension to your leaves.
Now simply tuck your finished leaves around the wreath then hot glue them in place and…taaa daaa!…a pretty wreath that you can use not only in the spring but all summer as well!
Mine will be hanging on my back door to greet all of my favorite “back door” friends and my family! I love how colorful and happy it is!
And just in case you need a few more no-sew ideas, here are my no-sew basket liners…perfect for storage or for serving flatware for your guests.
Or how about my French farmhouse numbered napkins to add a little frenchiness to your table or to serve as a fun and easy handmade gift.
Be sure to visit the rest of the no-sew gang to see what they have created! Stop by and say a special “hello” to our guest blogger this month…Jessica at Mom 4 Real. We are so excited that she could join us!
Amy at Atta Girl Says…No-Sew Flower Flip-Flops
Ann at On Sutton Place…No-Sew Tea Towel Pillow Cover
Jessica at Mom 4 Real…DIY No-Sew Valance
Yvonne at StoneGable…No-Sew Flower Tote DIY
Debbie at Confessions of a Plate Addict…No-Sew Burlap Rose Wreath
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed seeing my burlap rose wreath! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Tuesday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…