I am at it once again…being a big fat copy cat! As usual, I have been stalking perusing the pages of the Pottery Barn catalog to see which designs I can recreate for less!

img52c So when I saw their  Harvest Pumpkin Wreath, I knew I had found my latest candidate! Love all those little pumpkins and those leaves and berries! Their colors are a little muted for me, though…a “fall is all about orange” kinda gal! And…at $99, the price is a little hefty!

Baby Kitty Then Baby Kitty reminded me that I already have absolutely everything that I need in my stash…and I mean everything! And I’ll bet you do, too! Woo hoo! This one is gonna be free!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Fall Wreath supplies Here’s what you will need:
  • Grapevine wreath
  • Leaf garland
  • Florist wire
  • 15 to 20 small faux pumpkins or gourds
  • Berries
  • Bamboo skewers
  • Wire cutters or scissors
  • Metal skewer 
  • Hot glue gun

Pier 1 Bargain I am really excited to be able to add my berries since they will come from this Pier 1 berry garland that I bought on sale waaay after Christmas…a $35 garland for 90% off!  I couldn't believe it…there were still three of them and I bought them all, so cutting one up won’t bother me!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Fall Wreath tutorial
Here’s what you do:
  1. Wrap the leaf garland around the grapevine wreath, securing with florist wire.
  2. Cut the bamboo skewers in half using the wire cutters (easier for me) or scissors
  3. Make a hole in the bottom of each of the pumpkins using a metal skewer
  4. Insert the bamboo skewer halves
  5. Arrange the pumpkins the way you want them ( You may find that you have to shorten the skewers even more) and add in the berries
  6. Secure the pumpkins and berries in place with hot glue (Not pictured)
I suppose that you could just hot glue the pumpkins directly and skip steps 2-4, but I like things to be relatively symmetrical, so I wanted to arrange the pumpkins, stand back and see if I needed to move any.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Fall Wreath I am loving all of the wonderful fall colors and textures! And…best of all…mine was FREE! And you’ve gotta love free!

Now it’s hanging on my front door, waiting for you to come visit for the All Things Home Fall Tour!

I am still spiffing up and tweaking, but I promise to be ready by Wednesday, September 25th, so be sure to mark your calendars. And…head over here to get all the details and see who else is on the virtual tour!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed having a peek at my fall wreath! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, The Everyday Home for Home{work} Wednesday , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special, Tatertots and Jello for the Link Party Palooza, The Lettered Cottage for the Fall Craft Ideas Party, Sand and Sisel for the Autumn Abounds Linky Party
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top