CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Ticking Pillow with Vintage French Cheese LabelYaay! I finally got a chance today to do a little sewing and make a pillow that had been cooking in my brain for several weeks! I actually spied this one on One Kings Lane and knew it was my next copy-cat project…combining classic black and white ticking with a vintage French Camembert cheese label!

Plate Addict's Staff at the Window However, once again, it seems that my staff thinks they are on summer vacation! Naughty Neighbor keeps them busy guarding their catnip, caged to prevent her from ripping it to pieces!

Naughty Neighbor And now that rascally feline taunts them by napping on their patio! Is there no limit to her nerve? I can only hope that cooler weather will drive her home so that my helpers will get back to work! Sooo…once again I seem to be going it alone!

Cheese label
It started with the hunt for the perfect vintage Camembert label starring a rooster…and I finally found it! I have already reversed it for you to be used as a transfer. Here’s what you do:
  • First, print it on iron-on transfer paper (I use Avery brand for light fabrics) and cut out the circular label.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Ticking Pillow with Vintage French Cheese Label
  • Next, follow the directions on the package and apply it to a smaller square of fabric. I used cream-colored suiting fabric and left it unfinished so it would ravel.
  • Then stitch the smaller square to the front of the pillow cover.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Envelope Closure
  • Finish the cover by stitching the front and back together. I use an envelope-style closure on the back (you can find a tutorial here) to allow for easy removal and storage.
  • Finally, pop in a pillow form (Mine is a down form from Goodwill for under $3.00) and…

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Ticking Pillow with Vintage French Cheese Label …voilà! I love it! And I am not through! I have a few more surprises that I am working on and then I will reveal where it will go! Can you guess? You might find a hint in my summer home tour!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed having a little peek at my frenchy ticking pillow! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday  , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, The Everyday Home for Home{work} Wednesday , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special, Tatertots and Jello for the Link Party Palooza
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top