027 I know that spring isn’t here just yet, but daffodils are blooming and the robins are back…encouraging signs that it can’t be too far away! Sooo… I decided to add a little spring to my mantel in the form of blue and white Chinoiserie and some daffodils!

IMG_1156 Our co-hostess Miss Kitty is wondering why I ever changed the mantel to neutral colors anyway since I always come back to my favorite colors…blue and yellow! They remind me of the sunny skies of Provence. It seems that I am happiest when I am surrounded by those colors!

005 It all began with a wonderful pair of lidded urns that I found while exploring a new flea/antique shop with my friend Linda at Nina’s Nest. As soon as I saw them, I knew they had to come home with me! Not only was there a pair…I have a thing about pairs…they were only $16 each! Woo hoo! They are really nice and heavy, coming originally from Bombay Company. (Sniff! I still miss them! They always had so many pretty blue and white pieces!)

008 But to introduce a little springiness, I removed the lids for another time and added some faux daffodils…on sale 40% off at Michaels. Blue and yellow together…ahhh!

016 Next, I added my pair of little vintage-inspired Staffordshire-style dogs and some Spode plates in the Albany pattern…also in my favorite colors…just the right touch of more yellow!

021 And in the center…one of the double happiness jars from my collection….so named because of the Chinese symbols depicted on the jar.

011 And here it is! What do you think? Is it too soon to be thinking about spring?

003 My daffodils don’t think so! I hope they are right!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my mantel! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage for the Spring Mantel Party
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party

Jaime Lyn at Crafty, Scrappy, Happy for Crafty, Scrappy, Happy me on Thursdays
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top